Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
Ouachita County Medical Center has immediate openings for RNs in Medical/Surgical Unit. We offer new competitive pay rates and great benefits.
Day, night, and weekend shifts are available for Full Time.
Essential Duties and Major responsibilities: A Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing direct age specific patient care to assigned patients during their shift including but not limited to:
- performing and recording vital signs (including: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, and other procedures as needed)
- reviewing patients’ medical records for completeness and updates
- Assists in routine physical examinations by preparing the patient, the equipment, and supplies, and assisting the provider as needed
- Assists in preparing patients for routine diagnostic procedures and performing selected screening tests
- Executes medical orders for specific drugs, treatments, and other diagnostic procedures
RN’s follow the nursing process in the delivery of patient care and are responsible for the coordination of the team approach to patient care. A RN supervises LPN’s, CNA’s , Unit Secretaries, and other ancillary nursing personnel involved in the delivery of patient care and they report to a charge RN and the Nursing Director.
This position requires a current Arkansas Nursing license. Experience preferred but not required.
The applicant must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform well individually and within group settings, have the ability to handle situations professionally and accurately, and must be able to provide care with courtesy, friendliness and respect.
Individuals who prefer to apply for employment in person may do so Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm in the Human Resources office. This office is located downstairs, at the back of the hospital. All applications remain active for 6 months, so please be sure to include your telephone number on the application. If you are selected, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Drug screens are required for all new employees. Any questions regarding your application, interview or drug screen should be directed to our Human Resources department at (870) 836-1295.