Registered Nurse - Doctor's Home Care
Ouachita County Medical Center has immediate openings for Full Time RN in Doctor’s Home Care (Home Health). We offer new competitive pay rates and great benefits.
Essential Duties and Major responsibilities: A Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care to assigned patients during their shift including but not limited to:
- Completing an initial home health assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Conducts home visits as assigned, assessing the patient’s condition, progress toward goals, providing patient care, teaching and other skilled interventions as ordered.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change in collaboration with Case Manager
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Prepares home health clinical notes and updates the case manager and primary physician when necessary
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
RN’s follow the nursing process in the delivery of patient care and are responsible for the coordination of the team approach to patient care.
This position requires a current Arkansas Nursing license.
The applicant must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform well individually and within group settings, have the ability to handle situations professionally and accurately, and must be able to provide care with courtesy, friendliness and respect.Individuals who prefer to apply for employment in person may do so Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm in the Human Resources office. This office is located downstairs, at the back of the hospital. All applications remain active for 6 months, so please be sure to include your telephone number on the application. If you are selected, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Drug screens are required for all new employees. Any questions regarding your application, interview or drug screen should be directed to our Human Resources department at (870) 836-1295.