Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Technician / Medical Lab Assistant
Ouachita County Medical Center has immediate openings for Full Time MT’s / MLT’s / or MLA’s. We offer competitive pay rates and great benefits.
Essential Duties and Major responsibilities:
- Perform routine medical laboratory testing procedures using a variety of laboratory instrumentation.
- Maintain proper quality control procedures.
- Perform quality control checks of instrumentation against established standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Operate the laboratory information system.
- Support staff on all shifts.
This positions requires the applicant to have a two or four year Medical Laboratory degree.
This position requires applicant be have certification, or be eligible for certification.
The applicant must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform well individually and within group settings, have the ability to handle situations professionally and accurately, and must be able to provide care with courtesy, friendliness and respect.
Individuals who prefer to apply for employment in person may do so Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm in the Human Resources office. This office is located downstairs, at the back of the hospital. All applications remain active for 6 months, so please be sure to include your telephone number on the application. If you are selected, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Drug screens are required for all new employees. Any questions regarding your application, interview or drug screen should be directed to our Human Resources department at (870) 836-1295.